Sales Account Executive
VeriSIM Life is a life science and technology company with a unique business model and platform focused on delivering highly effective new therapeutics to patients. The Company has developed an innovative AI/ML platform, BIOiSIM, which is a “Virtual Drug Development Engine” to accelerate and improve drug discovery and development. Our clients and partners, include Pharma, Biotech, academics, and other healthcare stakeholders. VeriSIM Life aims to create a world-leading biosimulation platform to advance human health by accelerating drug development with AI enabled technology.
VeriSIM Life is recruiting a Sales Account Executive to join our Sales & Business Development team. We are seeking a highly motivated candidate who will be responsible for driving new business and meeting established revenue goals through the sales of the BIOiSIM product portfolio. The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to work with the Sales and BD teams to meet their sales targets. They will also need to be a highly engaged, positive team player and show a high degree of customer focus. The ideal candidate is a lifelong learner who is excited and willing to learn about AI/ML and the drug development process, and can succeed in an innovative, fast-paced, high-intensity startup environment. The candidate will report to the Vice President of Sales and Global Strategy.
Key Competencies and Responsibilities
- Use a solid understanding of sales techniques and complex sales methodologies (i.e. Miller Heiman Strategic Selling) to drive revenues for VeriSIM Life’s products and services
- Ability to identify leads, assess the value of new business and product opportunities and close deals
- Able to lead the sales process, coordinate dispersed technical and scientific teams and lead deal negotiations to reach final agreements
- Create initial project proposals for clients scoping out product requirements, budget, and consulting work breakdown
- Work closely with current and prospective customers to understand business needs and make valuable recommendations for expansion, continuous improvement, and innovation plans to maintain and grow sales
- Develop strong relationships with key stakeholders within current and prospective customer accounts
- Provide technical support to customers (either alone or in coordination with technical team members); identify and resolve customer challenges, escalating as required
- Work with the marketing team to ensure the highest quality collateral is in place for customer engagements; provide feedback on content from current or prospective customers
- Engage in problem-solving and providing recommendations to ensure customer product usage is performing at optimal levels
- Actively sell and support VeriSIM’s innovations and technology in assigned customers and territory to promote long-term business relationships with VeriSIM Life
- A solid understanding of the drug discovery and development continuum; with an appreciation of challenges in preclinical to clinical translation
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Demonstrated network within pharma and biotech companies
- Superior and demonstrated account and territory management
- Ability to build a sales pipeline and manage each phase of the sales process utilizing company CRM (Hubspot)
- Minimum BSc, MSc or PhD preferable, in a Life Sciences discipline
- Preference for 3-5 years technical experience in a pharmaceutical/biotech or management consulting company and at least 5-7 years proven successful sales and/or business development experience
- Demonstrated record of success in sales including large and complex deals, partnership and/or licensing transactions
- Ability to travel for qualified business opportunities and trade shows/conferences.
VeriSIM Life is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, gender, age, disability, genetic information, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
- Competitive Base Salary
- Incentive bonus and commission plan
- Stock options